ExactTarget issued some interesting results last year regarding how marketers grow their email list. The study looks not only at the most prevalent subscriber growth tactics, but also at their value in drawing quality subscribers – or at least the perception of their value.
A wide range of options was given as far as tactics used by marketers, but respondents reported the following tactics to be most regularly utilized:
- General email sign-up form on website (74%)
- Require email to create an account on website (57%)
- Sign-up requests specific to different sections on website (52%)
- Registration with immediate incentive (50%)
- Email capture via Facebook (45%)
Bringing up the rear, relatively few email marketers are using banners endorsing email subscriptions within a mobile application (10%) and text email via SMS (10%).
Interestingly enough, some of the less prevalent subscriber growth tactics still made a splash with email marketers:
- Only 23% capture email during inbound sales calls, but 71% rate this tactic as being effective
- Also, 23% capture email during inbound customer service calls, with 63% stating this to be effective
No matter how you cut it, every marketing campaign starts with an accurate list of contacts. Research our accuracy-guaranteed decision-maker lists at Red Base to see how we can help you build your email list or database.